What does this mean?
Being a Team Captain means that you will be able to schedule your team's play time, set up a video chat link, and send invitations to your fellow team members. If the organizer allows, you may also be able to select your own team members. Otherwise, your team members will be assigned to you by the organizer.How do you do all of this?
Through the your Team Captain account on the PALACESPHERE GAP
(Game Administration Portal)! Follow the steps below to access the portal and get your team ready to play!
SET UP INFO:
1. Set Up Account: If it is your first time using the GAP, you'll first need to set your password to complete your account setup. Either access this through your Team Captain invite email or go here, enter your email address, and click "reset my password." 2. Login: Once you've set your password, login to your GAP Team Captain account.
3. Set Team: If your Group Organizer allows, add players to your team using their email address. We recommend a total of 3-4 players per team.
4. Team Name: Add or edit your team name if desired.
5. Schedule: Schedule a start time for your game. Be sure to double check your time zone!
6. Add Video Chat Link: Add a meeting link from your preferred video conferencing solution to share it on the player invite. (You'll need to use video chat to collaborate in the game.)
7. Invite: Send an invitation to your teammates from the GAP. The invite will include the scheduled time, the video chat link, and a unique link to access the game.
8. Remind: You can send an optional reminder email before the game through the GAP.
Team Captain Views in the GAP
Prepare Team Page:
This is where you will set your play time (be sure to set the right time zone!), add a video conferencing link, add any necessary video conferencing notes, and add or edit your team name if needed. You will be able add or remove players from your team if your Group Organizer allows.
To add players, enter their email address in the "Add New Player" text box. You will only be able to add players to your team that the Organizer added to the reservation.
To generate your team's unique game link, a start time must be set first. Once you set your start time, you can generate you game link by clicking the "create" button.
This is the link that all players on your team will use the access the game. Your team cannot access the game without this link. *This will also be generated by sending player invitation emails, so it is not necessary to manually create your game link if you will be sending invitation emails via the GAP.
Once your team details are entered, you'll want to invite your teammates!
Invite Players Page:
You can send game invitations to your teammates through the GAP. The invitation will include the game link and a video conferencing link if you added one.
You'll be able to add a custom message to the Player Invitation, send to all players at once, or send to select players using the Notify checkbox.
If you'd like to see a sample of the Player Invite, you can send a sample email to yourself with the "Send Sample Email to Myself" button.
After the Player Invitations are sent, a game link will become available on your team's Invite Players page (if you already created a game link on the Prepare Team page, it will show up on this page before sending invitations). You can share this link with players if they do not have their email handy. This game link is unique to your team. Anyone on the team can click that link then select their name from the list to "login" and enter the "lobby" before beginning the experience!